Access to AutoCAD
Access to AutoCAD for use during the course can be as low as $55.00.
AutoCAD is currently sold on a lease basis – meaning you pay monthly or yearly for access to the software. You cannot simply “buy” AutoCAD outright - it must be on a lease. AutoCAD is a product of AutoDESK, who makes a variety of CAD programs.
AutoCAD comes in two flavors – AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT. The primary difference is AutoCAD has 3D Modeling and Visualization as well as the ability to customize with add-on apps and API’s. AutoCAD LT does not have 3D capability nor can it use the add-on apps. For most users AutoCAD LT offers plenty of functionality. There is also a significant cost difference.
- AutoCAD LT $55.00 a month or $315.00 per year.
- AutoCAD $210.00 a month or $1,521.00 per year.
- Both AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT offer a free 30-day trial.
- Make sure your computer can handle the software by checking the minimum system requirements.
- Download the free trial of AutoCAD LT, which is good for 30 days.
- After the 30-day trial subscribe for $55.00. The subscription comes with expert support from AutoDESK for any issues with downloads or installation.
Keep in mind the free trial is only good for 30 days. While you can download the trial at any time, once the 30 days is up you will have to start a subscription if you want to keep using the program. This means if you start the free trial before the course begins you may ending up paying more than $55.00 for access to AutoCAD.